Congratulations! Your book is almost ready to publish. Whether it’s your first or twentieth book, enticing a reader to buy your book relies on an eye-catching cover image as well as an intriguing blurb.
Easier said than done, right? Sometimes it can feel like writing the book is the easy part! It doesn’t matter if you’ve written the best book since Harry Potter or Big Little Lies, if you can’t encourage a reader to hit the ‘buy’ button, all your hard work will go unnoticed.
That’s where I can help!
Blurbs are what I do
As well as a contemporary romance author, I’m a marketing professional with twenty years experience. For the past decade I’ve worked as a freelance marketing copywriter writing sales and marketing copy about everything from financial services to wine (and yes, writing about wine is more fun).
I’ve worked for agencies as well as in-house creative departments of large corporates where I was required to produce sales copy all day, every day, and did I mention deadlines?
Writing concise, attention-grabbing copy with a definite call to action has become as natural to me as breathing. I also appreciate the importance of a solid brief, because trust me, if the brief isn’t any good, the copy won’t be either!
Hire Bel to write your book blurb
Thanks to my copywriting experience, I aim to make blurb creation as painless as possible.
To get started, I need 3 things:
- For you to complete Bel’s Book Blurb Questionnaire. It’s virtually pain free, I promise!
- Send me the first 3 – 5 chapters of your finished manuscript (up to 5,000 words). This will allow me to get a sense of your voice.
- Full payment via bank deposit (if you’re in Australia) or by PayPal.
That’s it? Surely delegating my book blurb can’t be that easy?
Yep! If you have any other supporting information, feel free to send it to me as well. This might include a draft book blurb you’re not happy with or a synopsis.
Value for money book blurbs
I’ve aimed to create a book blurb package that offers good value for money (I get it, because I’m a self published author myself!) If you’re comparing my service to others, you’ll find other blurb writers who charge more than me and some who charge less. I don’t aim to compete with the cheaper options out there because I’d be selling my decades of experience short and you deserve a brilliant blurb that proves to the world your book is worth reading!
Bel’s Book Blurb package includes:
- An impossible to resist, ‘I want to read more’ book blurb designed to convert browsers to readers. Average blurb length is 200 – 250 words.
- Every single one of my blurbs includes a tag line, non-negotiable. If it hasn’t got a tag line, then a blurb is not worthy in my opinion! I don’t charge extra for this service.
- Two rounds of changes to ensure your book blurb is tweaked for maximum effectiveness.
- Average turnaround time for you to receive your first draft blurb is around a week from my receipt of payment and the completed questionnaire (I’ll need both of these things to get started). I will always confirm timings before blurb commencement. For rush jobs, please let me know your requirements when you get in touch (rush jobs incur an additional fee).
Total cost: $199 AUD or $139 USD*
*Customers outside Australia will be invoiced in US dollars.
Hire Bel to write my blurb!
To get things started, click on the button below and you’ll be taken to a contact form. Please tell me a little about yourself, then I’ll be in touch with next steps. Or if you’re not quite ready but have some questions, feel free to use the form to ask for more details.